Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cookies!!

Last night all of the pilots' wives got together and had a cookie exchange. I had heard about these before, but had never done it myself. Everyone makes some cookies and brings them, and then gets a few of each kind of cookie that is brought. I made peanut butter cookies and snickerdoodles, but the snickerdoodles had a few twists. I decided to color them red and green, and then mixed in some Christmas sprinkles to make them extra festive! I also only rolled them in sugar, and left the cinnamon out. They turned out pretty good.



I ended up making 8 dozen cookies! I had a lot of fun doing it, and remembered just how much I love to bake. I came home from the cookie exchange with two plates full of different kinds of yummy cookies! It was a really fun evening, I think I'm going to have to do a few more sit-ups though!

2 comments:

Jessica Law said...

Hey there Mariah, How did you survive over the Holidays with my dog Cowboy? I hope it wasn't an absolute disaster. I really want you to tell me the truth about how he did. I hope your babe had some fun with him and they entertained each other? You are a life saver. I love your new posts and I wish I could have tasted those cookies...yum!

shay said...

Those look so good! I'm hungry! We must be related because I tweek cookie recipes too! My latest are my Christmas Cinnamon Cookies. I'll tell you my secret! Chocolate chip cookie recipe, but instead putting chocolate chips, put white chocolate chips, and add 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon. You'll get so many compliments believe me! We made them this year for our neighbor christmas gifts and I got so many phone calls telling me how yummy they were! Try them, I know you'll love them!