Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Love To See the Temple

Since the beginning of our relationship, Travis and I have tried to make temple attendance a big priority. We would go do baptisms for the dead twice a week at the Salt Lake Temple between my classes while we were dating.(I attended the LDS Business College which is just 4 blocks from Temple Square) We were also sealed in the Salt Lake Temple, and would go do a session or sealings every week or every other week. It was, and is, very important to us, and strengthens our relationship when we keep it a priority.

When we moved to Florida, I was excited that there was a temple two hours away, but knew that we would have to work much harder to make it there regularly. Between the long hours Travis was putting in at work, having a baby, and tight finances, we didn't make it to the temple at all our whole first year in Florida:(

But on December 1, we finally made the trip to Orlando to go to the temple. It was an amazing day. We went down for our friends, Sam & Daisy Commander's, sealing. It was such a beautiful ceremony, one that I will always remember. When their daughter, Romy, came into the room to be sealed to her parents, I was overwhelmed with the spirit, and with gratitude for my own eternal family. I had never experienced a sealing with a child before, it made me want to have Parker there with Travis and I.

After the sealing, we stayed to do a session, which was like the cherry on top of a wonderful day. I didn't realize how much I had missed going to the temple on a regular basis, until I went and remembered what I'd been missing. It was a long and wonderful day. We left Parker with a family friend for the whole day! It was the longest that I'd been away from him ever, and I missed him so much! Thank goodness that we have the Gospel and are sealed to each other.

Here are a few pictures in front of the temple.

Travis & I in front of the Orlando Temple.



In front of the fountain.



Travis being a goof.

Us being happy!

No comments: