Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Valentine's Festivities

On the morning of Valentines Day we had absolutely NO plans for the evening. With a limited budget we decided to skip gifts and were just going to stay home for dinner. As I thought about what to fix for dinner, I decided that I wanted to make it as special as I could. Travis had to work that day, so I had all day to plan and get everything ready! I decided to make spaghetti and breadsticks(heart shaped!) because it was easy and yummy, and also red punch(of cOuRse)!

Then I thought about decorating the table and area to make it very festive! So I went shopping at our next door neighbor's house (a.k.a. my PaReNtS house!) and looked through my stuff. I came up with a cute center piece using candles, flowers from Chloee's room and a mirror from our room, and also found some pink and white crepe paper and a couple of inflatable hearts. I finished it off with some paper hearts, and think it turned out pretty nice! I had a ton of fun getting everything planned and ready for our evening.

I also left Travis a little message on our bed!


After dinner we rented a movie from redbox(with a free code!) Overall it was a successful Valentine's Day (I thought!) and we spent a big fat $0!!!

No comments: