Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Long Road to A New Do

Last week I decided that I was ready for a change with my hair. I was bored with it, and wore it in a ponytail WaY too much. My sister Heidi always does my hair, but she is in Cedar City, UT going to massage therapy school, so I had to decided if I wanted to wait for her to visit, drive down there, or just go have someone else do it for me. I decided on the last option(I'm not very patient!) and started to look around for places that have cheap haircuts. I finally decided to go to the beauty school at Salt Lake Community College, they only charge $3! (Not too shabby at all) I knew that a student would be cutting my hair, but I figured it would be ok because they have an instructor to help them, and I would just tell them ExActLy what I wanted.


Tuesday evening my mom and I went over to Salt Lake to get our hair cut. They got my hair shampooed and got the length taken off, but because I have VeRy ThiCk hair it was nearing closing time. They layered it a little, but I wanted it to have more layers so that it would lay flater. I told the lady that I wanted more layers especially in the back, but the instructor wouldn't listen to me and said it would look too choppy(I know my own hair, and know that it NEEDS lots of layers) So I left there that night wanting to cry because I didn't like my hair. The length was good but it was too bulky in the back and didn't have much shape to it. I couldn't sleep that night because I was so upset about my hair and because everyone kept trying to tell me that it was fine(I wanted beautiful NOT 'fine') So yesterday I called a lady in our ward and had her fix it for me. She cut it into a bit of an A-line and thinned the back a ton. Now I am much happier about it! I will probably still have my sister touch it up the next time she visits, but it is a HuGe improvement!

I definitely learned my lesson, and will be a lot more patient next time I want to do something with my hair! Moral of the story: Heidi is the BEsT and is the only one I should trust to do my hair!! Also Thick hair is a PaiN, but there's not much to be done about that!!
P.S. Pay attention to the hair and NOT the face with no makeup!

No comments: