Wednesday, September 5, 2007

...Then Comes Marriage...

We have been married for 2 1/2 years and counting! And they have been 2 1/2 REALLY great years. Everyone always told us that the first year of marriage was the hardest, and in some ways it was, but overall our first year was wonderful. Of course we had to both get used to living with another person, and overcoming differences. But we have both been willing to compromise on things, and figured out pretty quickly that some things you just can't change, so you just have to accept that.

Travis and I were both going to school and working during our first year of marriage, which was kind of difficult because we didn't get to see each other very often (I'm realizing that sometimes that is just how life is!!) Travis was in his second year of helicopter training, and making trips from West Jordan to Provo 3-5 times a week, and then working the night shift at UPS. He finally finished his training in October 2006 and got a job as a CFI(here in Jacksonville) in December.

I was finishing up my first year of school at the LDS Business College when we were married. I was also working at a dry cleaners, and then at a middle school in the cafeteria(I've had my fair share of jobs!) I graduated in June 2006 with an Associates degree in interior design. After I graduated I was just ready to be a mom!

No comments: