Wednesday, September 5, 2007

In the Beginning.....

I got out our wedding photos / videos tonight, and decided to do a tribute to Travis & Mariah (like my friend Noel did a few months ago). I guess that I will start at the beginning--Our Wedding!! We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on March 12, 2005, almost exactly 1 year after we started dating! It was such an amazing day.
We got married at 7:00 a.m. because we actually moved our wedding day up from May to March, and the only times available in the temple were 7 a.m., and 5:30 p.m. We had to be at the temple at 5:45 a.m. so I woke up at 3 a.m.(ugh) It was a very early morning, but on cloud nine anyways!!

Travis & I wanted to have a FUN wedding reception, and one that our guests would actually enjoy, so we decided to have a Luau themed reception. (We also didn't have much of a budget, so this was perfect) We decorated the gym of a local church building with bright colors, grass skirts, palm trees--fake of course since we were in Utah!, sea shells, etc. We also had a dj who played Hawaiian music, leis for all the guests, and hula dancers who performed. It turned out to be a really fun atmosphere, and all of our guests had a blast right along with us!

2 comments:

Noelly said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! How fun. I am happy about the little Brown Family updates :)

Lindsay said...

What beautiful wedding pictures! And I love the Salt Lake Temple! It's one of my favorites!