Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yucky Fever:(

Parker has had a fever for the past two days, and it's no fun. Poor little guy. He woke up from his nap yesterday and felt quite warm, so I took his temperature, and sure enough, it was 100.1. The crazy thing is that he doesn't have any other symptoms other than being a little more whimpery than usual. It was a LONG night last night. He woke up crying aroung midnight, so I took him out to the living room with his blankie, bunny, bottle, and a pillow, and put on the movie Cars for him. He calmed right down--he LOVES to watch tv--so I decided to grab a blanket and sleep on the couch(it's actually a loveseat, and I'm a tall person, so it wasn't too comfy!) I figured that he would fall back to sleep sometime during the movie, but he didn't. Luckily for me he was pretty content to watch Cars over and over again, three times total I think. I slept in spurts of probably 30 min to an hour. At one time when I woke up to check on him, he was laying on his tummy on the cold, hard wood floor asleep. He looked comfortable so I just left him-I figured it probably felt good on his hot body. At about six I gave him some tylenol, another bottle, and restarted Cars, and he finally fell asleep, but was up at 8:00. Well he is fussing in his crib, so I better go get him. Hopefully he will get feeling better. I feel so bad for him when he is feeling yucky.

2 comments:

shay said...

My Devanee has had that random fever a couple times lately. It's so weird. I hate seeing her act so groggy. As soon as the tylenol hits, she's back to her old self again! Good luck. I hope he's over it by now. You're a good mom, watching Cars over and over again! I love the tv!

Mary said...

I hope he's feeling better! My daughter had a fever for a week! And then my son got it! And now I've got it! I hope Ty doesn't get it because he needs to take care of the rest of us. :)