Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Things New Parents Do!

Being a new parent is like nothing else. It is so wonderful at times, yet also very stressful, and frustrating at other times. It is definately a blessing to be a parent though. I am learning new things everyday, and am very grateful to have so many friends with kids already, that help me out and give me lots of tips! About a week or so ago Parker started holding onto the clip that attaches his pacifier to his outfit, and would pull on it, which of course would pull the pacifier out of his mouth. As all new parents are, Travis and I were very entertained at watching him try to figure out why his pacifier kept disappearing out of his mouth. (It has been our entertainment for several evenings in the past week!!) We video-ed (I don't know how to spell that) him one night right before bed. I will have to figure out how to put videos on here so that I can add it.

Another thing about being a new mom is making sure that I am careful about what I eat since Parker is being breastfed. On Sunday we made a large batch of chili for dinner. Needless to say we had a lot of leftovers since there are only two of us who ate it. Well to make a long story short, I ate chili for at least one meal for three days in a row. I didn't really mind having chili so much, and didn't want it to go to waste, but I didn't even think about the affect it would have on poor little Parker. Yesterday he had a rough day, and had a tummy full of gas all day, which didn't feel too good (he told me with the "it hurts" cry--a lot!!) I definately won't be eating beans three days in a row for awhile! :) Oh the Joys of being a new parent!!

No comments: