Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My List

I haven't taken the time to write down the things that I am thankful for this year, so I thought that I had better get it documented. (I have thought about it a lot though!!)

1. Travis--He is my everything, and I would really be lost without him. He is my very best friend!! I am so grateful for his willingness to work hard to support our family, and for his unconditional love for me. I am also so thankful that he is such an amazing father, our kids are truely blessed to have him for their daddy!

2. Our Kids--Some days I want to pull my hair out! But our kids are great!! I love having the opportunity to be their mother, and to watch them grow and learn new things. They make me so happy (most of the time!!)

3. The Gospel--Where would I be without the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and all the many blessings that come with the gospel? I wouldn't even want to know. I am so grateful to know that no matter what I do, and how much I feel like I have failed, our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me!

4. Living close to family--I loved living in Florida, but it is such a blessing to be near our family. My mom is a lifesaver and is one of my best friends. She helps us with the kids so much, and our kids adore her and my dad. Also Travis' grandma, she is such a wonderful person. I consider her my own grandma, and love that we have such a good relationship with her. Family is such a huge blessing!

5. Our little house--It is cute and cozy and keeps us warm. I am grateful that we have a place that we can call home (even if it is just a rental for now) I am also grateful to have such amazing landlords!! They make renting great!

6. My minivan!!--I know, I know its not anything too fancy, but to me it is beautiful and luxurious!! It is great to have a reliable vehicle, and one that is roomy and can fit our family comfortably.

7. Preschool--It gives me a break for a couple of hours twice a week, AND is helping Parker so much! He has become quite the little singer, and loves to sing his school songs. I am grateful that he has such wonderful teachers, and such a wonderful bus driver!!

8. My Talents--Sometimes I have a tendancy to hide them, but I am working on not doing so, and have enjoyed improving and learning new things!

9. Our Portable Dishwasher--It's a life saver!! Living without a dishwasher is NO FUN! So I am grateful that I don't have to!

10. My Calling at Church--I get to work with the young women, and I am loving it so far. I am having to get out of my comfort zone a bit, but I am learning a lot, and love our girls! They are wonderful!

All in all, I am a very blessed girl! I just need to always remember that, and work on living life with an attitude of gratitude!

No comments: