Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sleep!!

So Chloee hasn't been the best sleeper at night so far, and would only sleep with us in our bed. While I didn't mind having her in our bed too much, I just didn't get the best nights sleep, not being able to move, etc. Plus there is always the threat of something happening to her in our bed. I don't think that I would ever roll over on her because she usually slept on part of me, and I slept so lightly with her next to me, but I did worry about smothering her with the covers. Anyways so I decided to really try her crib again last night. We gave the kids a bath, and then I got Chloee in her pjs and swaddled her really tight in her Swaddle Me wrap and nursed her. She still wasn't asleep when she was finished eating, and I knew that she wouldn't fall asleep in the crib, so I put her in her carseat with a soft blanket under her and rocked/bounced her to sleep. She was asleep within just a few minutes so I decided to just put her whole carseat in the crib!! And it worked!! She slept from 10:00 to 3:30 and then from 4:00 to 7:30, and now it is 8:40 and she is sleeping still!! Hooray!! It was so nice to sleep without her in bed with me. I could actually move and could change positions, etc. There were two other factors that helped aid in the sleeping, first we put the humidifier in her room. She always seems to be a little conjested, but she could actually breathe last night! (I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier?) We also turned on a cd with the sound of a running stream with bird sounds. She is used to a noisy big brother during the day, and so I think it helped to have some noise. So we will try all of this again tonight and hope that it wasn't a one time thing!!

In other exciting news, we are blessing Chloee tomorrow!! I will post pictures of her in her pretty dress probably on Monday.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Isn't it SO great when you can finally figure out how to help your baby? I'm SO happy for you. I know how you feel. I felt the EXACT same way about my babies in my bed and I did the swaddling, car seat, and white noise thing. It's the BEST when you can finally get a good night's rest! Yea!