Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Story of Chloee's Birth!

Well I decided that I'd better get it documented before I forget the details!! Chloee's due date was December 26th, but the thought of being in the hospital on Christmas wasn't very exciting to me (or my doctor!) so we decided to get induced early. That way we could be home with our sweet girl for Christmas. So on Sunday, December 20 we got a phone call at 6:15 a.m. from the hospital letting us know that we needed to be at the hospital by 7:30 a.m. so that they could start the process. Woohoo!! We were so excited, but it didn't seem real. Scheduling when to have your baby is a whole different experience from just waiting to go into labor!

Anyways, so we got to the hospital at 7:30 and got set in our room etc. They started me on pitocin at about 8:00. By about 10:15 the contractions were to the uncomfortable stage, definitely not painful, but just uncomfortable. I was only dialated to a 2 1/2, but I decided that I didn't want the contractions to get to the painful stage, so I got the epidural then. That was the best decision I've made in a long time!! After that I didn't feel a thing! It was SO nice and kind of hard to believe that I was in labor! It was so different from my experience with Parker.

Well labor progressed pretty slowly at first, and I was ready to be there well into the night. They kept upping my pitocin to try and move things along, but I was still only at a 4 at 3:00. Then at 4:00 they checked me again and I was completely dialated!! It was so fast. I started pushing at 4:30, and only had to push twice before Chloee was born!! She was born at 4:39!! And I didn't feel a thing!! It was such a great experience. I felt great, which made it seem even more unbelievable that I had just delivered a baby!! It was such a different experience from giving birth to Parker. Yay for epidurals!!

No comments: