Monday, May 24, 2010

Without Travis :(

Well it has been 7 weeks since Travis left and it's been a rollor coaster. The first few weeks were completely fine, because I was used to him being on the night shift, so it just felt like he was at work. By about week 3 I started having meltdowns at least once a week:( The majority of the time I am really fine, but I have my moments where it hits me how much I really miss him and I just have to cry! I have been trying to keep myself really busy with crafts, projects, being mommy, etc. And so it's usually the quiet times that I get down. I've noticed that night time and Sundays are the worst for some reason. I have kind of been slacking on the things that I need to be doing to come closer to the Lord, so last night I re-commited myself to being valiant in reading the scriptures, praying, having FHE, etc. So hopefully these next 3 weeks will be better! I get to see him in 24 days!! Woohoo!! Even though it is only for 9 hours, I am so excited!! Then while he is at AIT training, it should be a little easier because he will be able to call me!! So the last two months won't be as bad either! Yeah!

So Travis is doing good! All of his letters are really positive. He said that he hasn't been singled out, which is great! Before he left everyone he talked to told him to just try and stay under the radar and he'd be fine! Unfortunately there are several other guys who didn't get that advice and ruin it for the whole group. Oh well, that's part of being in the military! He's been enjoying shooting the m-16, but said he hopes to never have to do the gas chamber again! Of course he's been losing weight, which he's really excited about! Last time he told me, he was down to 187!

He keeps telling me that this will be but a short moment in our lives. I just need to remember that! I'm so glad that I have eternity to spend with him!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Oh, that is so hard.
I'm glad the time is getting closer to being done. Even phone calls will be so much better.
I read this post and felt like I could really relate. Then I decided, that really I couldn't because my situation is so different than yours. But like you, life has been difficult lately. And sometimes things are really good, but then, during the quiet times, I just can't handle anymore.
And I too, recently decided that i need to be more diligent in doing the things that will help me have the spirit--because I know that's what will make it all bearable. So, good luck in being more diligent in the important things. And hang in there, it will be over soon!!